ALL STEINWAY FACTORY TOURS THROUGH THE END OF 2020 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. IF YOU WERE REGISTERED FOR ONE OF THESE TOURS YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONTACTED AND RECEIVED A REFUND. WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING REGISTRATIONS FOR 2021, HOWEVER AS THE SITUATION ALLOWS WE WILL OPEN UP REGISTRATION FOR THESE TOURS. FOR ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com.
The Steinway Factory Tour is a visit to a working factory, and because work is being done constantly and everywhere, there are conditions and restrictions for tour participants, so please note that:
- Tours take place at One Steinway Place in Astoria, NY, 11105.
- The factory is large and the tour covers a significant area. You must be able to stand and walk for one and a half to two hours. The tour includes 3-4 flights of stairs.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on the Factory tour.
- There is neither seating nor rest areas available, and there are no restrooms available on the shop floor.
- Open shoes, sandals, flip flops, etc. are not permitted on the tour.
- Canes, walkers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the tour.
- Individuals with pacemakers or similar devices will not be allowed on the tour. (Factory equipment may interfere with the device.)
- Note that tour participants will be exposed to dust and chemical odors.
- Visitor parking is extremely limited near the factory. Street parking is an option, though it may be limited, too. The factory is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Ditmars N/Q line (the factory is a little over a mile from the subway).
- If visitor parking is full, there is a public parking garage, open 24/7. The garage entrance is located on Steinway Street off the corner of 20th Avenue (between 20th Avenue and 19th Avenue). Applicable fees apply.
- Photography is not permitted.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Steinway & Sons
One Steinway Place, Astoria, NY 11105